Labels

Thursday 24 January 2013

Pear and Boysenberry Frangipane Tart

I just learnt how to make frangipane in school and really enjoyed the mini raspberry frangipane tart that we made. I wanted to give it a try and make one big tart at home with the poached pears and boysenberries instead. The boysenberries were frozen ones that I bought from the orchard last month. I thought it will brighten the colour of the tart a little. I hope it is a nice combination in taste as well.

The tart case was not blind baked but instead, it was filled with frangipane and topped with fruits before baking. The leftover trimmings of the pastry dough was not wasted, I made a few roses and leaves to decorate the tart. 
Before baking
 When I filled the frangipane into the tart case, I was wondering if I had enough of the paste as it didn't come up to the top. Then I remembered that it will rise a little when baking so I think it will be alright. And sure enough, after topping with the fruits, it came out looking pretty tall. 
Fresh from the oven.
It took a long time in the oven, almost 55 minutes. I left it in the oven for a few extra minutes to make sure that the centre was cooked. The berries tinted the pears and the whole tart looked a little purplish. I like how the frangipane rose up in between the pears. The sweetcrust was a little dark but most said it was actually nicer because it was crispy. So I am happy with the result of my experiment. 



1 comment:

  1. Hm...berries will nvr in my list..sorry

    Ming

    ReplyDelete