Labels

Saturday 22 June 2013

Strawberry Mousse Cake

This cake was an experiment for me. It was made when strawberries were in season and they were considerably cheap. By the way was a few months back. I made a 5" mousse cake with a layer of chocolate sponge cake as the base and then a layer of strawberry mousse and the top was fresh strawberries with jelly poured over it. It then was placed in the fridge to set overnight. 

My experiment was a success! and I decided to use this recipe again for a friend's birthday. But this time, I made a chocolate topping with Lindt chocolate and had huge strawberries on the cake. The strawberries made the cake look really small. I dipped the strawberries with some white chocolate and drizzled some milk chocolate to give it a nicer look. 

Oh! There were some raspberries hidden inside the mousse cake. As you can see, the raspberries were bleeding out some juices. It kept the sponge cake moist though, so it was good. 



Overall, we all enjoyed the cake very much and now will have to wait till it is strawberry season again before I can remake it. But it also depends if there is a demand for it. 


2 comments:

  1. Chen, you're getting more and more creative!

    Ming

    ReplyDelete