Labels

Thursday 25 July 2013

Westin Week 2

Hmm.. I am still weeks behind on my post. Let's try to catch up. Second week at Westin was not as much fun because I had to help out more in the commercial kitchen rather than the pastry kitchen. But I did learn how to crack 500 eggs quickly with both hands. It was actually quite fun! 

With the limited time that I had in the pastry kitchen that week, I helped made fruit skewers for a function.

I helped prepare the yoghurt with muesli and fruit compote. Then made a watermelon and lychee shot in martini glasses. Mostly just cutting fruits and placing them into the glasses. The glasses made the desserts look extra yummy. Presentation is very important when it comes to dessert. 


And of course more mini fruit tarts with mascarpone cheese filling. I think I made a few hundreds of these fruit tarts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment