Labels

Thursday 13 December 2012

Banana and caramel cupcakes

This is another recipe that I got from the Bourke Street Bakery recipe book. Instead of making a big cake, I made small cupcakes because it saves me some baking time and it is cute. I reduced the sugar in the recipe but it was still rather sweet because of the caramel topping. The texture was very moist and it stayed moist even after a couple of days. This recipe is a keeper! I am really liking this book now, but I do have to say that there are some confusing bits and I tend to change the recipe a little. But still, it is a great book. 

Banana and caramel cupcakes
Added some hazelnuts as garnish.

Just a simple banana and caramel cupcake topped with some toasted hazelnuts. Sometimes it is nice to keep things simple. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey I have a small suggestion. Did you really see Jamie Olivier's program. He likes to pen down some tips & tricks during cooking. I think you should start this small habit too. I guess you can do this right, I saw some of your photo album before, you did well.

    Haha this will be my favourite, I'm the monkey that love Bananananana!!!!

    Ming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa... simple cakes can sometimes be nicer than complicated ones... :)

      Delete