Labels

Thursday 27 December 2012

Raspberry & Pear Butter Cake

I think I am addicted to this recipe book - Bourke Street Bakery. I have tried a few recipes from the book now and so far they have been pretty good. The only thing is I always reduce the sugar, but that is just me. It will probably be tasteless if someone else ate it. 

I had a couple of pears in the fridge that were too soft to be eaten fresh so I decided to keep them until a recipe which requires poached pears appears. Once I saw this recipe, I bookmarked it for one fine day when I can give it a go.

 So, one night at around 9pm, I suddenly felt like baking and remembered this recipe. I quickly took the ingredients out from the fridge to bring them to room temperature while I started poaching the pears. I had to soak the eggs in warm water to bring it to room temperature faster. 


Raspberry & Pear Butter Cake.
 The picture in the recipe book had the pears inside the cake but mine just stayed on top of the cake. Ha Ha.. maybe my batter was a little too thick and the fruits just can't sink in. I don't blame the recipe because I tweaked it a little, I didn't want to throw out or keep the extra 20g of sour cream that I had. I wonder if that is why. But it still looks good right? Probably more appealing because you can see the fruits. 


The inside of the cake.
The cake had fine crumbs and quite a buttery flavour. The fruits gave it a nice balance with its slight sourness and sweetness from the cake. Ha Ha... look at me, analysing a cake. Anyway, I am very happy with the cake. My sister and I shared a slice once the cake cooled down. By then it was already midnight. 
A slice of cake.
How nice if I didn't have to return the book to the library. It is a hot pick book, it is always being reserved by someone and I am definitely one of them. However, I am not complaining, I am very happy and grateful to be able to use the library facilities. It is great! They have a wide selection of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment