Labels

Sunday 2 December 2012

Blueberry Lemon Muffins

Back in Malaysia, it is difficult to get fresh blueberries and often if you do find them, they are quite costly. Anyway, not that they are very cheap here but I guess it is in season and it is easily available. I wanted to make something simple, speedy and delicious. The easiest thing that I know is muffin. Just mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and into the oven it goes. 

After looking at a few recipes , I decided to combine Joy of baking's recipe and coffeemuffin's recipe together and hope for the best. 
Oozing blueberries.
These photos are taken by my sister. She has a better camera and better skill too. I guess the skill is more important. I normally just point and shoot. So thanks Pei for these great photos. 





Ready to glaze with lemon icing and zest.
I wanted the muffins to have more lemon flavour so I glazed it with lemon icing. And because I wanted to use icing on top, I reduced the sugar in the muffin. The muffins were actually nicer the next day when the icing soaked into the muffin making it moist and lemony. 


Having some fun with origami paper.
Not really sure how to make a muffin cup with origami paper but I was just having some fun with the beautiful origami papers that I bought from Daiso. 

Best enjoyed with a cup of coffee. 

2 comments:

  1. Ng Mei Kuan's favourite!!
    Anything with blueberries will make her day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? maybe you should try baking it because I am too far to bake for her. :)

      Delete